[rancid] Rancid-run appears hung

Todd Heide Todd at equivoice.com
Mon Feb 23 18:19:52 UTC 2009

I have 4 groups that run, I setup my core routers @ 1 hour intervals and
they appear OK, the switches at 2 hours, customer switches at 3 hours
and customer routers at 4 hours. It appears though that I had an overlap
on the customer routers group. Since I kept getting overlaps on my
previous Cron, which was setup to hourly, and I never could get a
complete run on the Customer devices, I switched the hourly to staggered
runs, and ran a manual on the Customer Routers, but it ran longer than
expected and did another overlap and the manual run appears to be hung.
I had to keep deleting the lock file to get it to run manually.

How can I check to see if it is indeed still running, and how long does
it take to do 300 devices, single run, with about half not
authenticating yet? I need at least one good run to find all those that
are still not authenticating properly.  The tail on the log shows the
last device in the router.db, and has been for the past 30 minutes.

Thanks

Todd