[rancid] Re: rancid and Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6850

Kevin Turner kevin_turner at syncglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 23:37:35 UTC 2009

David,

Apparently, you are using one of the alpha versions of RANCID. Rancid-fe has
changed in the alpha versions. So, yes add "'alcatel'           =>
'orancid'," instead of the line I gave you to rancid-fe.

Also, indeed you are seeing the output for "show configuration status";
however, you should also see the output of more commands including "show
configuration snapshot all". The script seems to be stopping for some
reason. It may may due to a change in the alpha version of RANCID. I am
using the current version 2.3.1

Try running the following debug command from the directory 'orancid' is
located.

env NOPIPE=y orancid -d <device name or IP address>

This will produce devicename.raw and and devicename.new files in the
current directory. The .raw file will have more output to examine for
errors.

Kevin