[rancid] Re: CSS backup "end of run not found"

georg.naggies at r-it.at georg.naggies at r-it.at
Wed Jan 7 13:20:22 UTC 2009

You are right, Rancid should catch this. The prompt of our last remaining
CSS on logout with unsaved changes is exactly:
"Configuration changes have occurred.  Save changes before exiting,
[y/n/q]:"

Tried it out now with "exp_internal" debugging,

expect: does "Configuration changes have occurred.  Save changes before
exiting, [y/n/q]:" (spawn_id exp4) match regular expression
"^[^\n\r *]*EPP-CSS-01([^#>\r\n]+)?[#>](\([^)\r\n]+\))?"? no
"Do you wish to save your configuration changes"? no
"[\n\r]+"? no
expect: timed out

Clogin still expects the prompt, so something seems amiss here.

But probably not worth much worry, since CSSs are somewhat legacy
equipemnt, aren't they?

Since I happen to write to the Rancid creator: BIG thank you, we use
Rancid big time, thousands of devices, best thing in configuration
management ever.

Georg

heas at shrubbery.net@inet
06.01.2009 19:55

An
georg.naggies at r-it.at
Kopie
smunzani at comcast.net, rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Thema
Re: [rancid]   Re: CSS backup "end of run not found"

Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:58:39PM +0100, georg.naggies at r-it.at:
> When there are unsaved config changes on the CSS it asks "do you want to

> save the config" or something like that, and Rancid doesn't catch that.
> Therefore: try logging in manually and see what the CSS does on logout.
> Best, Georg

it looks for "(Profile|Configuration) changes have occurred.*" at logout.
if cisco has made another gratuitous change, what is the new prompt?

> heas at shrubbery.net
> Gesendet von: rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net
> 06.01.2009 01:08
>
> An
> smunzani at comcast.net
> Kopie
> rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
> Thema
> [rancid] Re: CSS backup "end of run not found"
>

> Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 03:51:54PM -0600, Sam Munzani:
> > Team,
> >
> > I am using cssrancid of following version.
> >
> > ## $Id: cssrancid.in,v 1.4 2004/01/11 03:49:13 heas Exp $
>
> 1.4 is ancient.  please try a more recent version first.
>
> > I can successfully login to the css with clogin command and run both
of
> > the commands that fail when rancid-run executes.
> >
> > Getting missed routers: round 1.
> > mycss01: found unexpected command - "term length 65000"
> > mycss01: found unexpected command - "copy profile user-profile"
> > mycss01: End of run not found
> >
> > The cssrancid has term length settings of 65535 but I changed it to
> > 65000 just to see if the number makes a difference but no luck. Any
> > pointers?
> >
> > Below is debug output. BTW, I set my TERM variable manually to ensure
> > that's not the issue here.
> > $echo $TERM
> > vt100
> >
> > $cssrancid -d mycss01
> > executing clogin -t 90 -c"term length 65000;copy profile
> > user-profile;show version;show boot;show run" mycss01
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01#  term length 65000
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01#  term length 65000
> > mycss01: found unexpected command - "term length 65000"
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01# copy profile user-profile
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01# copy profile user-profile
> > mycss01: found unexpected command - "copy profile user-profile"
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show version
> >     In ShowVersion: mycss01# show version
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show boot
> >     In ShowBoot: mycss01# show boot
> > HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show run
> >     In ShowRun: mycss01# show run
> > mycss01: End of run not found
> > mycss01: End of run not found
> >

> > Thanks,
> > sam

> Raiffeisen Informatik GmbH, Firmenbuchnr. 88239p, Handelsgericht Wien,
DVR 0486809, UID ATU 16351908

> Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit oben angefuehrtem Absender via E-Mail
dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche
Erklaerungen duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.
> Correspondence with above mentioned sender via e-mail is only for
information purposes. This medium may not be used for exchange of
legally-binding communications.