[rancid] Re: rancid and Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6850

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Mon Jan 12 23:40:29 UTC 2009

On 1/12/09 3:20 PM, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ...on Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:03:23PM -0800, David Newman wrote:
>
>  > On 1/12/09 2:53 PM, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
>  > > Could you try running
>  > > ologin -c"show configuration snapshot" <switch address>
>  > > to see if that part works at all?
>  > Yes, that logs in via ssh, sets "no more" and then returns the entire
>  > config.
>
> Hmmm... Perhaps one of the other commands that are run is
> the problem then.
>
> Maybe try to edit orancid and comment out everything besides
> the {'show configuration snapshot all'      => 'ShowConfig'},
> line in @commandtable.

Kevin Turner also suggested that, and that's actually what my orancid
looks like at the moment: The only line in commandtable *not* commented
out is the one with 'show configuration snapshot all'.

> If that works, you could single out the command that breaks
> on your switch by commenting the other commands back in one
> by one (warning: all the cisco stuff is still in there too,
> so don't get that mixed up).
>
> I cleaned up the orancid code somewhat a couple of weeks ago,
> should probably repost that version.

Sure, I'd be glad to try the latest version.

Also, I'm on 2.3.2a7 from FreeBSD-ports. Any chance the OmniSwitch stuff
requires 2.3.2a8 or a9? I tend to think not, since Kevin Turner is using
2.3.1, but just asking.

Thanks again.

dn