[rancid] Re: Cisco 3550 - Vlan DB

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jul 8 22:46:19 UTC 2009

Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 03:17:10PM -0400, Satyam Mathura:
> Guys,
> I've noticed that Rancid is not pulling the vlan database from my cisco
> 3550's but does so for my 3750's and 7600's. Vlan configuration is not done
> by the old vlan database commands on the 3550. No errors in logs. Any
> ideas???

its not collected because its in that vlan-edit-command mode, which doesnt
really work with clogin, in particular for devices that do not have the
vlan database.

afaik, unless you get kinky with your vlan config, there is no essential
information there that can't be recreated with info from the IOS running
config, assuming that your IOS verions is < ~5 years old.