[rancid] mrvrancid uptime parsing

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Fri Jul 10 13:46:42 UTC 2009

I've recently decided to start monitoring the configurations on our MRV kit,
and there is a line in "show version" that is annoying me:

!Image: up 37 days 20:19, 2 users

Obviously, it keeps changing, so I gets alerts every time RANCID runs. I've
tried changing the command from "show version" to "show version | exclude
days" but that isn't working. Does anyone else have any ideas? I'm afraid my
perl isn't very good - I was hoping that I would be able to run something
like "grep" on the input, but I can't get to grips with the syntax of
"ProcessHistory" etc.

Has anyone else had a similar desire to get rid of the uptime statements?

Matthew Walster