[rancid] launchd and rancid

Josh Rogers 2009 at tybox.net
Sat Jul 25 15:14:53 UTC 2009

I'm trying to get launchd to start rancid daily, but have had a lot of
trouble (assuredly because of my inexperience with launchd).  Launchd
is launching the process, and log files are being written as www (the
correct user), but when I look at the log file, this is at the top of
it:

  Trying to get all of the configs.
  can't read "env(HOME)": no such variable

I believe this is because the environment isn't set up properly.  If I
run rancid-run from the command line (bash) "sudo -u www rancid-run"
it runs fine.

I'd really appreciate some direction on how to fix this.

-Josh