[rancid] A method to download 3com baseline switches configuration

Diego Ercolani diego.ercolani at ssis.sm
Tue Jun 2 10:09:07 UTC 2009

...I read that someone asking for a method to download such a configuration
was answered that many 3com switches uses a web driven configuration menu
This is true, but I noticed that in my 3com entry level switches (bls2948)
there is a "download configuration" button.
The configuration is called always "3comranger48.cfg" and is a text file....

I wrote a perl script that is able to download the configuration miming an
http session.
It Is a real custom script but I think it can be a proof of concept one to
raise kind of devices monitored by rancid (and other opensource monitor
applications of course).

Hope this help,
Diego