[rancid] Creating RANCID Subgroups

Baird, Josh jbaird at follett.com
Wed Jun 3 17:48:40 UTC 2009

Could someone give me some hints on how to create SUB-GROUPS within Rancid?
I found some old clues on the list about using this syntax:

LIST_OF_GROUPS="company/router company/switch, etc"

This does work to some extent.. rancid-cvs creates the repositories, but it
breaks several other scripts (rancid-run, etc).  They take the "/" literally
when writing to /tmp etc (it tries to write to /tmp/company/bleh, not
/tmp/bleh).  Does anyone know how to properly support sub-groups, or how to
properly mod RANCID to be able to support this?

I am using RANCID 2.3.2a9.

Thanks,

Jjosh