[rancid] Mikrotik Router Backups

Eric Merkel (Mail Lists) ejmerkel.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 21:08:17 UTC 2009

I've patched rancid 2.3.2 to handle mikrotik router backups per the following thread http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rancid/users/3826

The new program mtlogin seems to work ok. However when I run /usr/local/rancid/bin/mtlogin -c" system package print detail;system routerboard print;system license print;export" 10.11.9.1 it pauses after login waiting for the command prompt and spits out some special characters  ^[[?6c^[[36;3R. Once it detects the login prompt it runs the previous commands showing the configs etc as it should then at the very end says "interrupted" and quits.

When the rancid-run process runs I get the following errors.

Trying to get all of the configs.
10.11.9.1: missed cmd(s): system routerboard print
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
10.11.9.1: missed cmd(s): system routerboard print
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
10.11.9.1: missed cmd(s): system routerboard print
Getting missed routers: round 3.
10.11.9.1: missed cmd(s): system routerboard print
Getting missed routers: round 4.
10.11.9.1: missed cmd(s): system routerboard print

If you are not familiar with Mikrotik, it has a command line interface although some of the text is color coded. I am wondering if these special characted codes could be causing the issue. If not where do I start looking? Thanks!

===
Eric Merkel
ejmerkel.lists at gmail.com