[rancid] Re: Who made changes?

Todd Heide Todd at equivoice.com
Tue Mar 31 19:26:12 UTC 2009

You would need a AAA server with authentication and accounting setup to
capture who did what and when. Cisco makes the ACS which is very good at
AAA, but also expensive, an alternative is a Unix based Tacacs program
that also does accounting.  There is one I have used in the past before
implementing a full ACS, it is called tac_plus with Web_UI. You can find
it here, http://www.networkforums.net/  It has a built in web front to
administer the accounts and logs. It uses MySQL. With this you can
search the logs to see who made changes that correlate to the Rancid
changes.

Thanks

Todd