[rancid] Re: Cisco ASA 8.2 software - changes....

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri May 29 19:56:33 UTC 2009

Here's the contents of mine:

ASA# more disk0:/coredumpinfo/coredump.cfg
CD_ENA=no
CD_FILESYSTEM=disk0:
CD_COMP=yes

It looks like some developer decided to store configuration parameters
in a file on the disk rather than in the running-config.  I downgraded
last night but I fully expect the file to be updated with other config
if I were to actually enable the coredump feature.  I don't know where
the actual coredumps would be stored however.  It could be in the
coredumpinfo directory so excluding the directory and all its contents
might not be a good thing.  Excluding the coredump.cfg file wouldn't be
such a bad thing though.

Justin