[rancid] Help on Enterasys switches

Andrea arussos at comune.modena.it
Mon Nov 30 16:07:34 UTC 2009

Hi all, i'm successfully using rancid to store the configs of 4 Core
L3-Switches of Enterasys ( ER16 ); now i'm trying to use rancid against
other enterasys switches ( secire stack B2/B3 ).
Now, the command-line commands differs a bit from that on ER16; in  that
case i believe rancid-run  use  the perl script  rivrancid in
conjunction  with  the expect one named rivlogin to do it'wrork.

Now, as the switches have different cli commands i got an expect script
with which i correctly mange to login to the switch; but when i run
rancid-run the rancid log file says:

Trying to get all of the configs.
10.0.6.12: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
10.0.6.12: End of run not found

beeing the 10.0.6.12 the IP address.

So, i suppose i need to modify the perl script rivrancid, is it right ??

Some one have ever use rancid with enterasys swithces and, if yes, could
help me in pointing to the right direction in getting so far ??

I need to understand which is the way to use rancid also with others
swithces like Allied Telesys ones...

Thanks a lot in advance,

--Andrea