[rancid] Re: Backing Up Cisco ACE Modules

NMaio at guesswho.com NMaio at guesswho.com
Mon Nov 30 18:56:00 UTC 2009

Bill,
I have been backing up our ACE modules for a while now.  I had to seriously modify a script to make it work (I am not a developer so please excuse) and I am only concerned about the config and the fault tolerance info (this helps to know if one has failed over)

I will send the script off list but remember you need to add the appropriate lines to rancid-fe for the new device type:

elsif ($vendor =~ /^ace$/i)             { exec('acerancid', $router); }

and I used "add autoenable" in .cloginrc.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Nick