[rancid] Re: Config making problem

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Oct 6 07:58:21 UTC 2009

Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 07:16:22AM +0200, Rozs Norbert:
> john heasley ?rta:
>> Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 06:01:41PM +0200, Rozs Norbert:
>>
>>> Yes, I executed rancid-cvs, it made the directory structure for all
>>> entries of LIST_OF_GROUPS, rancid-run
>>> make all the things for the cvs (the "source of the diff's") but no
>>> configs in the group/config directory.
>>>

>> check the group's router.db file.  it'l need at least 1 device that is
>> marked 'up'.  also see router.db(5).
>>

> The router.db for the group has 12 entries, all in the format
> <name>:cisco:up
> and all the names are in the /etc/hosts. (I wrote before that clogin can
> login and
> can execute commands.)

If rancid-cvs created stuff for the group, and there are devices in the
group, and the group is in LIST_OF_GROUPS, and cron is working, then at a
minimum the log file for the group look similar to:

Trying to get all of the configs.
All routers sucessfully completed.

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs

ending: Sat Oct 3 15:10:59 UTC 2009

debug it.  sh -x rancid-run or sh -x control_rancid groupname