[rancid] Re: rancid error

Jose Madrid jmadrid2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:28:07 UTC 2009

Jayant,

For my purposes, I have made the rancid tacacs user a full-access user and
member of the Network Admin group.  This means enable upon login and full
access.  But if you wanted to be really secure, you would simply need to
give the rancid user access to the list of commands for your device type.

As far as your issue goes, I am not sure.  I saw your debug output, but I
didnt see any error messages.  Can you please post the full output of the
bin/rancid -d for us again.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Jayant Jape <Jayant.Jape at tikona.in> wrote:

> Under /usr/local/rancid/var/logs.... im getting errors.
>
> Also Few queries Should rancid belong to root group and second since the
> user is also a tacacs user, will it suffice to have a monitor access.
>

> ===============================================================================================
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
> write(spawn_id=1): broken pipe
>    while executing
> "send_user -- "$expect_out(buffer)""
>    invoked from within
> "expect -nobrace -re ^H+ { exp_continue } -re {^[^
> ^M *]*Mum-Mha-CR0([^#>\r\n]+)?[#>](\([^)\r\n]+\))?} { send_user --
> "$expect_out(buffer)"
>                                                } -re {..."
>    invoked from within
> "expect {
>            -re "\b+"                           { exp_continue }
>            -re "^\[^\n\r *]*$reprompt"         { send_user --
> "$expect_out(buffer)"
>                                                }
>            -re "^\[^\n\r]*$reprom..."
>    (procedure "run_commands" line 39)
>    invoked from within
> "run_commands $prompt $command"
>    ("foreach" body line 149)
>    invoked from within
> "foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
>    set router [string tolower $router]
>    # attempt at platform switching.
>    set platform ""
>    send_user ..."
>    (file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin" line 723)^M
> 192.168.2.2: missed cmd(s): admin show diag,dir /all slavedisk2:,dir /all
> sec-slot2:,show diag,dir /all disk1:,dir /all sec-nvram:,dir /all disk2:,dir
> /all sec-bootflash:,show spe version,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all
> disk0:,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all sec-slot1:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all
> slavenvram:,dir /all sec-disk2:,dir /all slavesup-bootflash:,dir /all
> sec-disk0:,dir /all harddiskb:,show inventory raw,dir /all slavedisk1:,show
> module,show controllers,show diagbus,more system:running-config,dir /all
> slavedisk0:,show debug,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sec-slot0:,dir /all
> sec-disk1:,write term,show vtp status,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir /all
> slot2:,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,dir /all sup-microcode:,show
> vlan,dir /all slavebootflash:,show controllers cbus,dir /all
> slaveslot1:,show vlan-switch,show running-config,show c7200,dir /all slot1:
> <IP of router>: End of run not found
> !
>
> cvs diff: Diffing .
> cvs diff: Diffing configs
> cvs commit: Examining .
> cvs commit: Examining configs
>
> ending: Mon Oct 26 13:01:40 IST 2009

> With regards,
> Jayant

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime.  What better place than
here? What better time than now?