[rancid] Re: same ip but diferent port

Jose Madrid jmadrid2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:17:51 UTC 2009

The router.db would be normal.  Just enter the name you want to display and
make sure they point to the correct IP.  The magic needs to happen in your
.cloginrc file.

You would want to do something like this.  I am not sure of the exact
syntax, but you can try different versions of this:
 add method router1 telnet:-3001
 add method router2 telnet:-3002
 add method router3 telnet:-3003

Check out http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/man/cloginrc.5.html

Example: add method * {ssh} {telnet:-3000} {rsh}

Which would cause *clogin* to first attempt an ssh connection to the device
and if that were to fail with connection refused, a telnet connection to
port 3000 would be tried, and then a rsh connection.

2009/10/28 mathieu Berrjeb <cs_zalman at hotmail.fr>

>  Hi,
>
> I have a problem, i have diferent switch to save but they all have the same
> public ip, just the telnet port is diferent.
> How can i do to make this work in the router.db file because i can't
> specify which ip is related to which port in the cloginrc file.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mathieu.

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime.  What better place than
here? What better time than now?