[rancid] Re: RANCID and CVSWEB

Chris Bell CBell at thig.com
Thu Sep 10 13:37:19 UTC 2009

I keep thinking it's permissions too, but I don't see a problem with the permissions:

/usr/local/rancid/
drwxr-xr-x 9 rancid rancid  4096 Sep  9 15:46 var

/usr/local/rancid/var/
drwxrwxr-x 7 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 15:46 CVS
drwxr-x--- 4 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 15:57 configs1
drwxr-x--- 4 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:05 configs2
drwxr-x--- 4 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:06 configs3
drwxr-x--- 4 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:07 configs4

[root at blah ~]# ls -l /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/
total 24
drwxrwxr-x 3 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:07 CVSROOT
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid   58 Sep  9 15:46 Entries.Log
drwxrwxr-x 3 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 15:57 configs1
drwxrwxr-x 3 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:05 configs2
drwxrwxr-x 3 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:06 configs3
drwxrwxr-x 3 rancid rancid 4096 Sep  9 16:07 configs4

and on the /etc/cvsweb/cvsweb.conf

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 22997 Sep 10 13:32 cvsweb.conf