[rancid] Re: Rancid stopped working for my HP switches

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Fri Apr 2 19:54:52 UTC 2010

On 04/02/2010 03:20 PM, James Zuelow wrote:
> On ALL of my Procurves, including 2610 series, the terminal length has to be a number between 2 and 1000.
>
> 0 causes an error.
>
> I lost collections from all of my Procurves when I upgraded from Lenny to Squid using the Debian packaged version of rancid.  I was already using the Squid package on Lenny to work around another bug with collection from my 5406, so I'm not sure why that happened but it did.
>
> I edited hlogin and commented out the line:
>
> send "terminal length 0\r"
>
> After commenting out the line, everything works as advertised again.  Perhaps that will work for you as well.

Wow. This is embarrassing. I started looking in hlogin where that was,
and kept wondering why the 'print "$command"' was up against the left
margin, while everything else was indented, and then it hit me: *I* had
put the "print" in there to try to see what commands the script actually
ran, and then forgot about it as I went and did other things, and it
broke the script.

Just for the record, I tried it both ways, and my Procurves seem to do
alright with leaving that "terminal length" line alone.

Thanks for helping me see the error of my ways!
dk