[rancid] Re: RCSSYS=svn error: svn: Directory <group> is out of date (incl. patch)

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Aug 6 16:44:37 UTC 2010

Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 09:12:34AM +0200, "Peter Valdemar M?rch (Lists)":
> On 2010-08-05 20:43, john heasley heas-at-shrubbery.net |Lists/Send to
> lists| wrote:
>> it should not be necessary to svn/cvs update prior to running rancid
>> for a group.  if the checkout in rancid's dir needs an update, then
>> someone other than rancid commited a change
>
> My bad: I tested it again. What I had done on all my previous attempts
> was that I modified router.db *and committed it*. If I just omitted the
> commit step, all went well:

as long as it is owned by the user who runs rancid and the update was made
in the rancid group directory, the update should not be necessary.  but,
the update to router.db will not appear in the next rancid run if its
already been committed.