[rancid] Copying configs to a fileserver

John Jetmore jj33 at pobox.com
Tue Aug 10 15:38:02 UTC 2010

2010/8/10  <George.Nussbaum at l-3com.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a way or have a linux script that has the ability to
> copy device configs to a fileserver?  We want to do this so that we can have
> a safe tape backup of them in case of catastrophic failure.  We currently do
> not back up the rancid server as we don’t have a license to do so.

linux is pretty easy:

rsync -av $RANCIDHOME/var $BACKUPUSER@$BACKUPHOST:$REMOTEBACKUPDIR

eg:

rsync -av /home/rancid/rancid/var rancid at fileserver:/backups/rancid

If you have a windows server, you could mount it via samba and then
use rysnc to the mounted filesystem, eg:

rsync -av /home/rancid/rancid/var /mnt/backups/rancid

--John