[rancid] Rancid WLC - no command after login

king1982 at centrum.cz king1982 at centrum.cz
Mon Dec 13 09:36:48 UTC 2010

Hi Ryan,

the major problem is in login process to device - see below:

ejpsrvnetmng01:~# su - rancid
rancid at ejpsrvnetmng01:~$ /opt/rancid/bin/wlogin 10.20.200.100
10.20.200.100
spawn telnet 10.20.200.100
Trying 10.20.200.100...
Connected to 10.20.200.100.
Escape character is '^]'.

(Cisco Controller)
User: Cisco
Password:**********
(Cisco Controller) >

At this time  WLC´s command line don´t work correctly, device don´t accept any usual command (show, clear, ...). Same for SSH method.

If I try to list configuration, this happens:

(Cisco Controller) > show run-config

Error: TIMEOUT reached
rancid at ejpsrvnetmng01:~$ show run-config
-su: show: command not found
rancid at ejpsrvnetmng01:~$

When I try simple login - telnet or ssh 10.20.200.100 without using "wlogin" and ".cloginrc" - it works.

ejpsrvnetmng01:~# telnet 10.20.200.100
Trying 10.20.200.100...
Connected to 10.20.200.100.
Escape character is '^]'.

(Cisco Controller)
User: Cisco
Password:**********
(Cisco Controller) >?

clear          Clear selected configuration elements.
config         Configure switch options and settings.
debug          Manages system debug options.
help           Help
linktest       Perform a link test to a specified MAC address.
logout         Exit this session. Any unsaved changes are lost.
ping           Send ICMP echo packets to a specified IP address.
mping          Send Mobility echo packets to a specified mobility peer IP address.
eping          Send Ethernet-over-IP echo packets to a specified mobility peer IP address.
reset          Reset options.
save           Save switch configurations.
show           Display switch options and settings.
test           Test trigger commands
transfer       Transfer a file to or from the switch.

(Cisco Controller) >

Thanks for help

Martin