[rancid] Racnid + Extreme Switches

Chris Kilian chris.kilian at seccomglobal.com
Thu Dec 23 01:41:53 UTC 2010

Guys

I have had Rancid working fine with extreme switches and have now run into some issues, it looks as if its running the commands as when I do a
./xrancid -d x.x.x.x

It is creating the x.x.x.x.new file and the config is in there, however it looks like its not matching the end of the configuration and therefore not taking the x.x.x.new file and doing what its meant to.

Has anyone seen this before and able to help at all?

See below output {address changed of course}

rancid at sydnms001:~/bin$ ./xrancid -d 1.2.3.4
executing clogin -t 90 -c "show configuration"  1.2.3.4
PROMPT MATCH: Switch[:.]\d+ ?#
HIT COMMAND: Switch.3 #  show configuration
    In WriteTerm: Switch.3 #  show configuration
1.2.3.4: End of run not found
1.2.3.4: End of run not found
#

Kind Regards