[rancid] Re: Help with Rancid Netscreen

Árni Birgisson abirgisson at fattoc.com
Thu Feb 11 16:16:37 UTC 2010

From these logs it's apparent that you either don't have CVS installed, or the user that is running rancid
doesn't have the correct path to the cvs command.

You probably need to "apt-get install cvs" (debian/ubuntu) or "yum install cvs" (redhat/fedora).

Is your rancid installation working for anything or is this the first device you are using rancid for?

-Arni

On Feb 11, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Trevor Coyle wrote:

> Hi I was wondering if you could help?
>
> I’m currently trying to backup the config for a Juniper (Netscreen SSG-550) and the log file is coming out with
>
> starting: Thu Feb 11 12:51:48 GMT 2010
>
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: line 234: cvs: command not found
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: line 235: cvs: command not found
> Added file_name
>
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: line 260: cvs: command not found
>

> Trying to get all of the configs.
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 2.
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 3.
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
>
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: line 372: cvs: command not found
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: line 384: cvs: command not found
>
> ending: Thu Feb 11 12:51:50 GMT 2010
>
> The File output in Configs is blank, the nlogin is able to login to the firewall but the nrancid doesn’t seem to be outputting the config
>

> Can you please Help
>
> Thank You,
> Trevor
>
> Registered in Ireland No. 321280, VAT Reg. No. IE 63412800
> Registered Address. 1 Parkway House, Western Parkway Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 12
> Directors - S.MacNicholas, P.Ledwidge, C.OColmain, J.Byrne
> <ATT00001.c>

Arni Birgisson
Network Engineer
FATTOC Iceland