[rancid] Re: Dedicated nixrancid using clogin...anyone interested

Charles Tompkins thecomputerking at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:57:46 UTC 2010

I am interested and condisidering a rancid deployment for change
management on server files ATM; I am interested in seeing your work.

I can see nixcollect.db using some additional variability or versions
to accomodate other system flavors for all the different paths to etc,
not to mention multiple paths to applications like src-installed (/usr/
local/etc) vs. maintained packages (/etc) or even /opt.

nixcollect_redhat.db
nixcollect_debuntu.db
nixcollect_solaris.db
. . .

Maybe set your path to etc/ as a variable for the firsthalf of the
object and rely on your object definition to supply the secondhalf to
get to the file.

Regards,
-Charles