[rancid] Re: Same email again and again every hour

Ronni Jensen ronnij at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 07:46:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.. I'll try to answer the questions;

- I am using this version: rancid-2.3.2-3.fc12.i686

I tried changing the description (on Fa0/8) and as you can see from this
config snippet, it includes both the new line but also the whole config +
old configs :-/

------------------------------------
*+ interface FastEthernet0/6
+  description CrossOver cable between MPLS-SW01 and MPLS-SW02
+  switchport access vlan 350
+  switchport mode access
+ !
+ interface FastEthernet0/7
+  description CrossOver cable between MPLS-SW01 and MPLS-SW02
+  switchport access vlan 150
+  switchport mode access
+ !
+ interface FastEthernet0/8
+  description C2940 Management Interface
+  switchport access vlan 150
+  switchport mode access*
------------------------------------

I get this in the logs for switches though:

------------------------------------
Trying to get all of the configs.
All routers sucessfully completed.

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs
cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `configs/sw11'
cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `configs/sw03'
cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `configs/sw06'
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

ending: Wed Jul 7 09:15:38 CEST 2010
------------------------------------

..and it's sw03, 06 and 11 in all logs. Permissions looks ok, and the config
files get updated:

-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid 14561 2010-07-07 09:15 sw03
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid  8798 2010-07-07 09:15 sw04
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid  8416 2010-07-07 09:15 sw05
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid  8485 2010-07-07 09:15 sw06
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid 48477 2010-07-07 09:15 sw11

Please let me know if you need more info?

Best regards,
Ronni