[rancid] Re: What is the idea behind of LIST_OF_GROUPS?

Wagner Pereira wpereira at pop-sp.rnp.br
Mon Mar 8 16:28:48 UTC 2010

Thank you guys, Bob and Tony.

Now I see: I can separate groups of devices AND configure one mailbox
for each group of device. That way, each group of people will receive an
e-mail message for their specific group of equipments.

Is that right?

--

Wagner Pereira

PoP-SP/RNP - Ponto de Presença da RNP em São Paulo
CCE/USP - Centro de Computação Eletrônica da Universidade de São Paulo
http://www.pop-sp.rnp.br
Tel. (11) 3091-8901

The idea is if you have bunches of devices which may fall into different
groups of interest so people can get the update email or browse configs
according to their area(s) of responsibility or interest.

If your network or organization isn't structured this way, all can go
into one group.

Tony