[rancid] anyone have rancid working for a nexus 5000?

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:34:27 UTC 2010

On 10/27/10, Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> wrote:
> rancid log says
>
> write(spawn_id=1): broken pipe
>     while executing
> "send_user -- "$expect_out(buffer)""
>     invoked from within
>
> when trying to get the config from a nexus 5000.

The problem turned out to be "show version build-info all" - ie:

nexus5000-1# show version build-info all
                          ^
% Invalid command at '^' marker.
nexus5000-1#

Comment out the "{'show version build-info all'   =>
'ShowVersionBuild'}," line and rancid (actually nxrancid - I spent
more time than I'd like to admit looking at rancid) is able to grab
the config.  So all's fine with that box now, but the next n5k is
still failing; log file shows

Trying to get all of the configs.
nexus5000-2: missed cmd(s): show license
Getting missed routers: round 1.
nexus5000-2: missed cmd(s): show license

ssh into the box & typing in the command doesn't give any output:

nexus5000-2# show license
nexus5000-2#

Help getting around this one would be appreciated.

Lee