[rancid] Rancid for other types of devices

Daniel Rich drich at employees.org
Fri Nov 5 16:49:26 UTC 2010

I have been a rancid user for several years, mostly on Cisco and Foundry
devices.  One of our admins walked into my cube this morning and asked
about using it on other types of devices and I wanted to see if anyone
had beat me to it before I spent the next few weeks fiddling with the
code to make it do what I want... :-)

Has anyone attempted (or more importantly succeeded) in getting rancid
working with any of the following?

    * HP On-Board Administrator (controller for their blade chassis,
      also contains the switch configs)
    * HP ILO
    * Network Appliance Filers

All of the above have a CLI interface that is similar to a routers, it's
just a matter of getting the right commands into the scripts - I hope.

Thanks!

--
Dan Rich <drich at employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/