[rancid] e-mail summary notification

Reinhard Kucera reini.k at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:43:48 UTC 2010

Hey,
first, thanks to Shrubbery for this, well, awesome tool :)
I am running it on FreeBSD and everything is working fine. I'm using it to
monitor and backup around 40 Cisco devices.

So here is the thing: I would prefer that I am not getting an email with all
the changes everytime I do rancid-run but getting an email, telling me that
it backupped all the 40 routers successfully and that the configs of router
number (e.g.) 12 and 36 have been changed.
Then, if I want to, I can look it up on the CVS respository.
If there are no changes, rancid doesn't backup, so the e-mail could say,
there were no changes and there is no backup but it was kinda successfully.

Is there any way to do that?

ryan