[rancid] Trouble compiling expect / expect hack

Adam Coven codefire.geo at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 21:28:02 UTC 2010

I'm running CentOS 2.6.18-194.17.1.el5PAE

I downloaded the files from the ftp site:
expect-5.43.0_hack.tar.bz2
tcl8.3.4.tar.gz

TCL compiled fine but when I try to compile expect I get:

exp_chan.c: In function âExpInputProcâ:
exp_chan.c:193: error: array type has incomplete element type
exp_chan.c:204: error: âPOLLINâ undeclared (first use in this function)
exp_chan.c:204: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
exp_chan.c:204: error: for each function it appears in.)
exp_chan.c:204: error: âPOLLERRâ undeclared (first use in this function)
exp_chan.c:204: error: âPOLLHUPâ undeclared (first use in this function)
exp_chan.c:204: error: âPOLLNVALâ undeclared (first use in this function)
exp_chan.c: In function âexpWaitOnAnyâ:
exp_chan.c:538: warning: passing argument 2 of âwaitpidâ from incompatible
pointer type
make: *** [exp_chan.o] Error 1

Has anyone come across this and / or knows how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Codefire