[rancid] configuration issue with RANCID .cloginrc file

harsha senaratna harshaabba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 08:20:21 UTC 2010

hi

I have some configuration problem with .cloginrc file. I have a router
with AAA enabled and need to back up the configurations

Lets say I enable telnet on that and configure .cloginrc file as below.

add user 10.100.100.1              <AAA-username>
add password 10.100.100.1          <AAA-password> <enable-password>
add autoenable 10.100.100.1        1

Then i ran the rancid-run . No any configurations backed up.

Then i coomented the autoenable like the following and again ran the rancid-run.

add user 10.100.100.1              <username>
add password 10.100.100.1          <password> <enable-password>
#add autoenable 10.100.100.1        1

Then the configuration backed up successfully.

Please let me know why this happened ? your responses are highly.

tnx