[rancid] How do I make Rancid forget about a switch?

Chris Knight boheme at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 05:29:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Roy <r.engehausen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't comment them out, remove them from router.db.  You can always add them
> back in later if they return.

Does Rancid ignore commented lines?  That hasn't been my experience so
far.  But, I am willing to give it a try.

I deleted the config lines, rather than just commenting them out.
Then I ran rancid-run.  I still get the warning message.

Is this crazy or what?

I KNOW that rancid is using this router.db file because I added a new
switch to it today and it picked that up, even if it won't ignore the
devices I removed.

-Chris