[rancid] How do I make Rancid forget about a switch?

Alex DEKKER rancid at ale.cx
Sat Sep 25 08:17:44 UTC 2010

On Saturday 25 September 2010 06:44:07 Chris Knight wrote:

> Sorry, I meant to say "Does Rancid ignore the comment aspect of a
> commented line?  That hasn't been my experience so far."

I've noticed that a comment is only respected if it's the first character on
the line. I tried putting a comment after the status of the router [something
like

router1:cisco:up # this is one of Bob's routers
router2:cisco:up # another one of Bob's

]

and it didn't work. The reason I wanted a comment on the line was so that I
could easily match it with grep, to email all of Bob's configs to him once a
week. I found another way in the end, but it's something to watch out for.

alexd