[rancid] How do I make Rancid forget about a switch?

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Sep 28 08:45:34 UTC 2010

Chris Knight wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:06 PM,  <axhasan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If these devices are being decommissioned then you can delete the line from router.db.
>>
>> Is it possible these devices are listed in another group's router.db file?
>
> I only have one router.db, and I tried commenting them out, and that
> didn't work.
>
> Thinking that perhaps the code was just checking timestamps on the
> files in the configs directory, I even deleted the local copies of the
> configs, and I am still getting the alerts.
>
> So, I have tried:
>
> 1)  Commenting out the entries in router.db
> 2)  Deleting the local copies of the configs.
> 3)  Marking the entries as 'down' in router.db
All are valid ways to take stuff out of the backup and I used all three.

> I appreciate everyone's suggestions.  I am feeling better that despite
> my lack of sleep last night this is turning out to not be as simple as
> it sounds.  :)
Did you cvs/svn commit your changes to router.db? Easy to miss in the
heat of the battle.

bye
	michael

--
Michael Stefaniuc                           Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer          Fax.: +49-711-96437-111