[rancid] hlogin timeout

Per-Olof Olsson peo at chalmers.se
Sat Apr 30 05:39:10 UTC 2011

john heasley  2011-04-27 17:41:
> Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 05:00:58PM +0200, Hugo Deprez:
>> I'm trying to backup HP Procurve switches.
>> Model I tried are : HP-2610, HP-2810 and HP-2510
>>
>> To debug i try the following command :
>
>> [...]
>>

>> Press  to key to ctntieue
>>
>> The hlogin return Error: TIMEOUT reached
>>
>> I am running Debian Squeeze with rancid 2.3.3-1 (official package)
>>
>> Is that a bug from this rancid version ?
>
> yes, sort of.  a change in linux libc caused this.  grab 2.3.6 from
> ftp.shrubbery.net

Or bug in rancid 2.3.3
   "Missing hpuifilter in hlogin"

Look for subject
"[rancid] Re: Rancid stopped working for my HP switches"
from 04/03/2010
and/or
  [rancid] SSH issues "couldn't compile regular expression pattern:
parentheses () not balanced
from 06/23/2010

Peo
Per-Olof Olsson               Email: peo at chalmers.se
Chalmers tekniska högskola    IT-service
Hörsalsvägen 5                412 96 Göteborg
Tel: 031/772 6738  Fax: 031/772 8680