[rancid] XRRANCID with CRS-1 devices

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Thu Aug 25 09:06:36 UTC 2011

Hi.

> I think this was blindly assumed from IOS-rancid.

Very much of the xrrancid(.in) code is just copied from plain
rancid(.in) despite having a lot of new commands, and not least, a
total remake of the config file.

> Does the ASR 1k have this command?  the 9k doesnt support it.

Just a small comment John: ASR1k doesn't run IOS XR, but IOS XE. The
only Cisco devices (currently) which run IOS XR are CRS-1/3, ASR9k and
XR12k. Note that a 12k/GSR can run either IOS or IOS XR.

I do have an updated xrrancid.in in the works, it just needs some fine
tuning. I'll post it here when it's ready.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.