[rancid] rancid with Fortigate FG100A

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Feb 2 20:25:14 UTC 2011

Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:18:10PM +0000, Gavin McCullagh:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2011, I?aki Mart?nez D?ez wrote:
>
> >  I have problems getting configs from fortigates:
> >
> > Version: Fortigate-5001FA2 3.00,build0670,080729
> >
> > Version: Fortigate-1000AFA2 3.00,build0416,070821
> >
> >  The problem is not getting complete config and the last lines are like
> > these:
> >
> > --More--
> > --More--
>
> The console is in "more" (pager) mode.  You need to change it to standard
> mode:
>

> 	gcd-fw # config system console
>
> 	gcd-fw (console) # set output standard
>
> 	gcd-fw (console) # end
>
> 	gcd-fw # show system console
> 	config system console
> 	    set output standard
> 	end
>

> If you want it in "more" mode for your own usage, you might need to get the
> rancid script to set it to standard, then take its config, then set it back
> again.  A decent console app would probably achieve the same thing though.

assuming that the pager can not be disabled per-tty, which i presume is
what the magic chant 'set output standard' does; teach fnlogin about the
pager.  but, fnlogin already has a case for the pager.  So, why is that
not working?

I'll bet its failing because there are control characters among the pager
prompt.  set NOPIPE=YES and collect from the device with fnrancid -d hostname
then look for the pager prompt in the hostname.raw file in your editor.  or
look at the debug output of fnlogin -d hostname to see why the match is
failing.