[rancid] Rancid 2.3.4 issue

Nelson, Leo - Dell Leo.Nelson at chw.edu
Mon Jan 24 19:41:44 UTC 2011

Ok it appears the problem I was having was partly the tacacs goup rights I had the user assigned to for the IOS devices. For the NXOS devices, I had to comment out commands that seemed to cause an exit on the 5Ks. Those were;
"show environmrnt clock"
"show cores vdc-all"

As for the dead.letter issue, I have reached out to the previous admin. When I use sendmail from the cmd line, while it still tells me it is going to dead.letter I get the message on my pc.

I would like to make sure I can utilize the mail system fully, so if youhave any suggestions I appreciate it.

FYI
I am NOT a linux admin nor do I claim to know what I am doing, but I have tinkered, can write basic scripts, and can read and understand config files so please be kind. :)

Leo Nelson
Network Design Sr. Advisor

Information Technology
Catholic Healthcare West