[rancid] cvsweb/cvs help

Ben Granholm bgranholm at corp.crocker.com
Wed Jul 6 15:05:09 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I am currently running rancid on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) using cvs and cvsweb. This current configuration works great, however the display leaves something to be desired. We are keeping track of a number of configurations on various routers and switches, etc... but this is all done on our internal management network which has no DNS entries. So when I go to look at it, it is a giant list of IP addresses. It would be nice to have some sort of description on it. I could do a workaround by adding entries to a local dns or even the hosts file but I would rather a description field. If anyone has done this successfully, some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben Granholm