[rancid] Problem with Rancid and Nexus 7000

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jul 29 20:11:41 UTC 2011

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:22:51PM -0400, Routt, Brian:
> How did you remove the #? I removed my banner and used different delimiters (}) but the running config still displays #.

are you sure thats the problem?  assuming that your problem still lies
here:

> > [rancid at linuxhost ~]$ clogin nexus
> > nexus
> > spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancidnx nexus
> > #User Access Verification#
> where are the #'s coming from?  from your tacacs, i suspect.  that looks
> like a cli prompt to clogin.

thats not the banner in the configuration.  clogin should, after the
_displayed_ banner and successful login, acquire a more specific match
of the prompt and avoid matching the #s in the configuration.