[rancid] Restore Older Rancid Configurations to Newer Rancid Server

Smokeping slt smokeping123 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:25:00 UTC 2011

hi all.

My older rancid server got currupt due to hard disk failure. I had a backup of all the configuration inside /usr/local/rancid folder[etc, bin share, var]
It stored lot of configurations changes in routers using their coressponding revision numbers.

I freshly installed the rancid system on top of new server. Now I need to restore the older configurations to the new server. I copied the contents of this backup folder to my new server folder.[attached]

But Still the old data not showing. How can I sort out this problem.

your responses are very much.

Thanks