[rancid] HP Procurve 2810

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 22 06:01:26 UTC 2011

On 19/10/11 05:38, Gerhard Mourani wrote:
> I’ve problem making Rancid (version 2.3.6) work with HP Procurve 2810
> switches. I’m able to connect to the switch correctly but the generated
> report is empty! If I check inside the log files, I can see the following:
>

> 10.1.6.254: found unexpected command - "show system"
>
> 10.1.6.254: missed cmd(s): show stack,write term
>
> 10.1.6.254: End of run not found
>

> I use the following parameters in my *.cloginrc* file:
>
> add autoenable  10.1.6.254          1
>
> add user                10.1.6.254          myadmin
>
> add password    10.1.6.254           mypassword      myenpassword

I don't know if it makes any difference, but i have lots of 2810s
working fine.  The only difference i can spot between my .cloginrc and
yours is that i don't have an enable password specified.  My
understanding (limited as it is) is that if you have created a manager
account on the ProCurve, there is no need for that extra password.  If
you remove it, does it work?  Also, do you have the required {} around
the password?

Paul