[rancid] F5 BIG-IP devices - any tricks?

dl kokushibyou at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:30:14 UTC 2012

I've been able to get BIG-IP 10.2.2 Build 763.3 Final and BIG-IP
10.2.2 Build 930.0 Hotfix HF3 to work with rancid.
Ubuntu Lucid version, with some patches:

- rancid user on the LTM device has to have full perms (Administrator
with Advanced Shell)
- the expect patch has to be applied (http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/#osystems)
- I'm using rancid package 2.3.2-1 but replaced f5login script and
clogin script with the version from 2.3.8

I'm reviewing my changes to verify this is all I've modified, I'll let
you know if I find something else missing (just got it working in Dev
and about to prop the changes to prod so I'll be reviewing it all here
today).