[rancid] Cannot log into Cisco

Edward Markiewicz emarkiewicz at cricketcommunications.com
Thu Aug 2 16:07:04 UTC 2012

Oh yes.  And I can ssh with no issues;

>ssh <UID>@<device name>

Warning: Permanently added '<device name>,<device IP>' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

This is a private computer system containing information that is
proprietary and confidential to the owner of the system.  Only
individuals or entities authorized by the owner of the system are
allowed to access or use them. Any unauthorized access or use
of the system or information is strictly prohibited. All violators
will be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted by law.

<UID>@<device name>'s password:

<device name>> show version
Cisco IOS Software, c7600s72033_rp Software (c7600s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRE3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 26-Jan-11 03:05 by prod_rel_team

~A bunch more verbiage~

<device name>>quit