[rancid] FW: Re: Clogin error

Parekh, Birju bparekh at nmff.org
Thu Aug 23 19:28:25 UTC 2012

Hi,
I cannot telnet into my devices but SSH works with the same username and password. When I ran clogin device name. I got the following error
clogin error: Error: Check your passwd

This is in my .clogin

#RANCID USER
add user * username
add password * {password}
add method * {telnet} {ssh}

The devices which have ssh enabled can login fine but the devices with telnet I am not able to login. The screen stops at username.
spawn telnet x.x.x.x
Trying x.x.x.x
Connected to x.x.x.x
Escape character is '^]'.

username:

I was initially polling using IP address. I have changed that to adding device names in host file and updated the router.db with the host file. But now I am unable to login or retrieve config from the devices using rancid.

Birju Parekh
Network & Voice Engineer
Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation
680 N Lake Shore Driver Suite 1118