[rancid] A little help modifing the cisco scrip

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:55:50 UTC 2012

The quick-n-dirty fix would be to add it to clogin under
proc run_commands { prompt command } {

For example, I added a "term width 132" there to prevent spurious
diffs when running rancid from crontab & then from a terminal:

            send "terminal length 0\r"
                # -LR- wait for prompt then send term width
            expect {
               -re $prompt {}
               -re "\[\n\r]+"      { exp_continue }
            }
            send "terminal width 132\r"                 ;# -LR-

Another option would be adding the command to
@commandtable = (
in rancid .. but you'd also have to add a routine to handle the command.

Lee