[rancid] SSH public-keys

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Mon Jan 9 10:31:58 UTC 2012

Hi List,

We have a setup where we have destributed 4096 bit RSA public-keys to all
our equipment from a network-user for optimanl security.
Our equipment is already in a DB and we have a scripting environment that
figures out the vendor/model/type for us already.
1. Can I use rancid without using .cloginrc (e.g. directly from
commandline) - how... ?
2. Alternatively, can I configure .cloginrc with ssh-keysharing - how... ?

We will need to connect to HP ProCurve (hlogin) and Cisco (clogin)...

Thanks in advance :-) !

~maymann