[rancid] SSH public-keys

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Tue Jan 10 13:11:54 UTC 2012

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your reply...:-) !

Same thing happens as for my network user...:
1. yes
2. no (clogin/hlogin requires a .cloginrc file with username/password to
run) - and my best bet is that this is what it uses currently... so no
ssh-keys using clogin/hlogin (from wither network user, root, rancid...).
Furthermore prompt is also "hanging" and it doesn't parse the -c "sh ver"
that works fine from normal ssh...
3. same as network user/root

So key-sharing is working fine... but don't know how to utilize it/bypass
.cloginrc in rancid...
Just hoping that there is a way... - would'nt like to manually edit scripts
every time i update Rancid... and I don't know expect that well
either...:-) !

Thanks in advance :-) !
~maymann