[rancid] SSH public-keys

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Wed Jan 11 11:21:36 UTC 2012

Hi again,
We don't even have a single 32bit linux server - all hosts (100+) are
running 64bit...!
Here is a nice easy linux distro (install on stick and go...):
www.everydesk.org

This is what I have now in my .cloginrc:
---
add method * ssh
add user * <MYUSR>
add identity * <FULL_PATH_TO/ID_RSA>
#add password <HOSTNAME> {PASSWORD} {PASSWORD}
---

This fails though:
-bash-3.2$ /usr/libexec/rancid/hlogin -c "sh ver" <HOSTNAME>
---
<HOSTNAME>

Error: no password for <HOSTNAME> in <FULL_PATH_TO/.cloginrc>.
---

I haven't assigned a passphrase to the key - and it works fine
password-lessly with just:
ssh <HOSTNAME>

Thanks in advance :-) !
~maymann